NMS New Apartments on Wilshire Blvd, CA Near Westwood Village
New Apartments on Wilshire Blvd, CA Near Westwood Village
Westwood Village surrounds the renowned powerhouse UCLA and is bordered by Brentwood, Bel Air and Beverly Hills. Originally a piece of farmland, it was converted to a shopping district in the 1920’s. Its variety of architecture is home to a number of shops, restaurants, cafes and boutiques. For decades Westwood’s multiple movie theaters have hosted movie premiers and it is not uncommon to see celebrities walking about.
- Access Westwood directly off the 405 Interstate, getting off at the Wilshire Blvd. exit, or drive up Wilshire Blvd. east from Santa Monica or west from Beverly Hills.
- Take a walk through the Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery on Glendon Ave. Find graves of several famous celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe and Rob Orbison.
- Take a tour of the impressive UCLA campus. Be sure to visit the Franklin D. Murphy Sculpture Garden, featuring five acres of 19th and 20th century sculptures including works by Calder, Rodin and Matisse. The Mildred Mathias Botanical Garden is also a nice walking excursion.
- Be sure to go to Diddy Riese on Broxton Ave., a Village favorite. Three homemade warm cookies of your choice are only a dollar or opt for a cookie sandwich with your favorite ice cream.
- If inclined, stop by to relax at Gypsy or Habibi, two hookah bars on Broxton Ave. Sit on cushions and pick your favorite flavor. Both spots also have a full menu.
- Catch a film at one of several theaters, Mann, Mann National, Mann Bruin Village or the Majestic Crest.
- Visit the Hammer Museum to view a quality Impressionist, Post Impressionist and Modern Art collection. The museum fees range from $3 to $5 and are free for all visitors on Thursdays. The Hammer offers a variety of programs in addition to their art collection, including Sunday Afternoons with the kids, lunchtime art talks, readings and screenings.
- Get a sweet fix at Stan’s Doughnuts, on the corner of Broxton Ave. and Weyburn Ave. This small shop prepares some of the best donuts in town.
- Find a range of shopping opportunities from brand name stores like Ann Taylor, Urban Outfitters, Victoria Secret and Bebe or opt for a number of independent boutiques such as Skyla and Monica’s.
10.Â Have a sit down meal at the Napa Valley Grill, Gardens on Glendon or La Bruschetta.
11.Â Check out the Geffen Playhouse calendar before visiting. Located on Le Conte Ave., Geffen hosts many quality plays and performances. You may be able to catch a show before you return home.
Grab at post show beer at BJ’s Brewhouse or Westwood Brewing Company, both of which feature a solid selection of microbrews.