How to Live with a Roommate at Santa Monica College apartments?
How to live with a roommate at Santa Monica College apartments?
Living with a roommate can be difficult, but here are some tips on how to make the experience work.
- Get in touch with your roommate before school starts, if you don’t already know him or her, and decide who should bring what. Make an effort to accommodate your roommate’s needs.
- Remember that looks can be deceiving, so avoid making snap decisions the first time you see your roommate.
- Determine how you each want the room to look and come to agreements that meet both your needs.
- Discuss housecleaning and bill-paying before they become problematic issues.
- Come to a reasonable agreement about visiting boyfriends or girlfriends, including arrival and departure times.
- Set up schedules for kitchen use, study times, bathroom times and party nights.
- Determine what belongs to you and what belongs to your roommate. Check before helping yourself to his or her groceries, clothing, CDs or toiletries.
- Keep things that happen in the room confidential.
- Be patient with your roommate’s choice of music, clothes, food and friends.